background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Target Dollar Spot

There have been a lot of posts lately about the AHmazing deals at Target right now, so I thought I'd share some of my finds!

Here's the whole shebang!
I always make a beeline straight for the dollar spot as soon as I walk into Target.  My husband trails along silently for about 4 seconds before he decides to head over to the electronics, knowing that I'm going to be occupied for a good long while (He really is a good sport about my many trips to Target).  I forgot to get a close up picture, but I got some great baskets and supply buckets for $2.50 each!  I've always done community supplies in the past, and as much as I love having the kids learn how to share the supplies, I'm a little tired of constantly having to ask someone to "Stop jiggling the markers, please!" so I think this year I am going to use individual supply boxes.  What are some tips you use for supplies?


I also got some birthday badges (always needed) and this adorable notebook to use for staff meetings.  I like keeping my notes from staff meetings for the year all in one place so I know where to find things later.

I am also crazy about stickers and put them on every piece of work my students turn in.  I usually try to get the kinds that boys and girls will like, but I couldn't resist the Mermaid Princess stickers!  They're even glittery!  Sometimes the girly-girl in me just takes over!
Scored some adorable hall passes for $1 each too!  I don't have the kids actually take them to the bathroom (or office or water fountain) because they come back wet/dirty/soggy/germy/broken.  Ew.  When someone needs to leave the room and have permission, I just have them place the pass on their desk so I know who is out of the room and the students know when their classmate has come back so they can ask permission (even though I usually say no, followed with "It's not contagious...")  I have also seen other teachers use dog squeaky toys as bathroom passes because they can easily be bleached throughout the year to disinfect them!

Last but not least, I got these precious notepads!  I am completely crazy for office supplies, and I always have been!  Give me a new pack of pens and I am a happy camper.  The striped list pad has a magnet on the back to stick on the side of my desk or filing cabinet!  I'm super pumped about using these!

What are some great scores you've found lately?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! Last week our Target didn't have anything! Maybe I'll try again this week!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete