background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top Ten Things About Myranda

10. I am a Southern girl through and through....and Kentucky has more snow, ice, and "pop" (that's soda Coke if you're a southerner like me) than I know what to do with!
9. My husband is a baseball coach, which means his job drags me to a new place pretty often and I get to watch a LOT of baseball.
8. I have two dogs, Dax and Lily, and I tend to treat them like my children.
7. My husband and I bought our first home last summer and I LOVE to decorate....and redecorate!
6. One of my favorite things about teaching is the *Cute Stuff*....cute fonts, cute clipart, cute paper products, etc.  *Cute Stuff* is my guilty pleasure!
5. In five years of teaching, I have taught kindergarten, second grade, and third grade. While I loved each of these grade levels, my *specialty* seems to be third grade. I have also taught in three diffferent schools, in three different counties (and two different states) during this time. (See #9 above for an explanation of that!)
4. My mom taught me to sew a couple of years ago and it is now one of my favorite hobbies.  (Be watching for the post on setting up my classroom for a few ways that this has helped me in my love of *Cute Stuff*!)
3. I love to read newspapers and professionals journals most anything, just for fun!  My favorites are mystery and suspense novels and anything mushy and romantic!
2. I am terrified of clowns!
1. I absolutely love teaching and I couldn't imagine doing anything else!


I'm looking forward to sharing this school year with you!

Myranda

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to both of you for linking up! What a unique idea for a blog! I'm your 2nd follower!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart decorating too! I am a new follower thanks to the linky party! Stop by my blog, follow me & find out about my 200 follower giveaway :o)
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for following! Love both of your blogs!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete