background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Backing Up Data

My complete life saver is....




I know from experience, which I learned the hard way, how important it is to back up your data.  I was definitely that kid in college who's computer crashed the night before a midterm was due and had to START.OVER.  So after that life changing experience, I probably over back up my data.  In addition to saving things on an external hard drive, I have a Gmail account specifically for documents.  When I finish something important, I simply send an email to myself in that account with the file/files I want to save.  The great thing about this is there is no limit to the amount of data you can have (at least I have yet to reach a limit) and you can simply search for the name of the file to retrieve it!  I'm talking papers from freshman year of college are still in there!  I just try to be really good about putting what I'm saving in the subject line of the email and voila!  Super fast and you can do it from any computer!

Join the data back-up linky party over at Kinder Kraziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment